We understand how hard it can be to find good quality Yorkshire Dales accommodation that welcomes your whole family and your dogs. That’s why we’re keen to make Flowery Dell Lodges in Yorkshire as dog friendly as possible. We also understand why many accommodation owners say no dogs! We’re determined not to punish the considerate majority of dog owners for the behaviour of the few. To ensure we all get along for years to come, we thought it might be helpful to outline some house rules for our doggy guests and also to remind you of some useful tips for a safe and happy holiday.
It’s important to point out that taking a dog friendly holiday does not mean taking a holiday from your responsibilities as a dog owner.
- When you first arrive we strongly recommend that you keep your dog(s) on the lead while you get your bearings and get to know the site
- For the consideration of other guests, other dogs and animals on site you must keep your dog(s) under control around the other properties, this may mean keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk, obviously once they’re out in the fields or the woods they can be off the lead as much as you like providing they are under control.
- Remember to take plenty of fresh water with you on days out. Some of the quieter places to visit do not have facilities that allow you to fill a bottle.
- Keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others. Dogs do fall off cliffs and get stuck in holes, please don’t let it happen to yours.
- We allow a maximum of 2 well behaved dogs in 14 of our lodges at No Extra Charge however they must be booked in advance.
- Please do not leave your dog(s) alone with free run of the property.
- Do do doo-doo patrol! Please pick up after your dog(s) wherever they are and dispose of poo in an outside bin, even if it’s raining. We have three dog bins onsite, so please use them. Also, please do it as you go along as our gardener may well mow the grass while you’re out and it’s easier for him if the grass is clear of poo.
- Dogs are not allowed upstairs in the lodges or in the bedrooms, stairgates can be hired to assist you with this. Please shut the doors to rooms you’re not using so that dogs do not sneak into bedrooms when your back is turned.
- Please thoroughly clean the lodge including dog hair from rugs, before you leave; if properties require excessive cleaning the cleaning fee will be charged to cover the cost of additional cleaning time
- Sorry we do not allow Puppies at Flowery Dell
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture unless they are covered with a dog blanket.
- Click here for our booking terms
- Thank you for your help in keeping Flowery Dell Holiday Lodges in the Yorkshire Dales a Luxury Self catering Holiday Experience which is Dog Friendly.
Dog Hospitality Pack for Hire (£7.50)
Hire of 1 dog mat, 2 dog towels, 1 water bowl, 1 feeding bowl and 1 dog treat
Please check before you go as pubs can change hands and policies may differ. Dogs allowed in bar area of the below pubs:
Holly Hill Inn (10 min Walk) Tel: 01748822192
George & Dragon, Hudswell (25 min walk) Tel: 01748 518373
Turf Hotel, Richmond (35 min walk) Tel: 01748 829011
Black Lion Hotel, Richmond (35 min walk) Tel: 01748 826217
Further afield… 25 min Drive
The Cover Bridge Inn East Witton Nr Leyburn 01969623250. Lovely walk past Rievaux Abbey nearby and walks from the pub
http://www.foxwitton.com Fox and Hounds West Witton, Leyburn 01969 623650
http://www.thebluelion.co.uk/ The Blue Lion East Witton 01969 624273 (more a restaurant than a pub) The Good Pub Guide Inn of the Year
The Kings Arms Reeth 01748 884259
Pet Pals is a local pet walking and sitting service. So if you are popping out for the evening and require a pet sitter, or are out for the day and need your pet walking, then a fully trained member of the Pet Pals team should be able to assist you.
Please contact Pet Pals direct (owner Jean Wilson) on 01748 876555 / 07736 960114 email@example.com
Trusted pet care providers. The alternative to pet boarding kennels and catteries in the Richmond & Northallerton area.
SLS Pet Services
Fully insured & putting your pets’ needs first.
All enquiries welcome!
Tel: 07581720882 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel:01748 811 820
Low Chantry Farm Middleton Tyas Richmond DL10 6RS
Tel: 01325 377453
Carlton Boarding Kennels Richmond DL11 7AG
Tel: 01325 374616
Oakwood Boarding Kennels & Cattery, Carlton Cottage Richmond DL11 7AG
Tel: 01325 374309
It is called Dial-A-Dog-Wash and this area’s franchise is run by Claire Thrift. She has a large van fully equipped and they come direct to your door. Approx £22 per dog which includes brushing, cutting, nail clipping and wash/grooming.
Tel: 07739 307997